Re: midget problems on haynes manual & answer!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: midget problems on haynes manual & answer!
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 10:41:10 CDT
OK, here it is.  Several folks sent good guesses on things that were
not right for the car's apparent year of manufacture.  Scott Fisher
sent a whole laundry list.  Larry Colen's got here first, though.
Since they know each other out there in California, I'll let them
fight it out between themselves.  The FUNDAMENTAL MECHANICAL error
that could not be EASILY done on a real car is ...  Quarter-elliptic
rear springs, brackets on the axle for same, and the upper links to
locate the axle.  The spring mounts that are an integral part of the
welded monocoque (I probably misspelled that, "unibody" is easier to
spell) would be all wrong for this setup.  Thanks to all who tried,
thanks to the rest of you for your patience.  I did receive one threat
to reveal the answer "or else" ...  Apologies to Terry Davey for
ripping his fine drawing.  I know there is no way for an artist to be
fully aware of all details on all the different cars he has done over
the years.
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324