Re: midget problems on haynes manual

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: midget problems on haynes manual
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 10:21:51 CDT

> o.k.....
>
> So I spent 20 minutes last night looking at the cutaway Mg Midget on the cover
> of my Haynes Manual....There were two things that I found wrong with it.
>
> 1) No Steering column.  .
> 2) No gas tank....
>

> I don't know if they just took visual liberties by not showing these to things
> but they would certainly prevent the car from going very far.
>

> John Metzger

John, part of the steering column is shown, right where it hits the
steering rack.  I think the body is not cut away to show the gas tank.
Neither of these is the FUNDAMENTAL MECHANICAL error which could not
be EASILY done on a real car.
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324