Re: miscellany

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: miscellany
From: richard welty <mit-eddie!lewis.crd.ge.com!welty@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 90 17:18 EST
to amplify and clarify, and generally expand upon my earlier comments ...

        Has anyone bought Snap-On spanners recently?  What might I expect to
spend
        for this brand of tool?

    entirely too much.  i've a current price book, and have bought one
    new Snap-On tool (a slide gear puller/hammer.)  unless you really need
    a particular tool, or are using lots of tools very heavily, i'd stick
    with one of these choices:  1) craftsman; 2) S&K; or 3) find a decent
    used tool store.  i have purchased a number of used Snap-On tools,
    and it doesn't hurt as much at 1/2 of list price.

keep in mind that i think Snap-On tools are extremely well made, and
that the quality of Craftsman tools is on the decline.  even so, you
still get an outstanding warranty on non-powered Craftsman tools, so
unless you are seriously dissatisfied with them, they're a good route
to take.  me, i'm approaching dissatisfaction with them, but lots of
people i know are still happy with 'em.

richard