Stromberg's

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Stromberg's
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 90 12:03 EST
     While on a skiing trip, the float plug on the rear carburettor of my
1970 Volvo developed a leak. I thought that once I got home, I could replace
this plug with one from a Stromberg taken from a 76 Midget. However, while
the carbs were the same, there was a totally different plug on the float
chamber. These are CD175's. Does anyone know why while the rest of the float
chamber appears to be the same, the one plug (from the Volvo) is a large,
brass plug that screws around the jet, while the other is just a
non-removeable plastic plug. Is it ok to interchange the two? There is still
to great a chance of snow to pull out my MG and let the Volvo sit til carb
rebuild kits come in.

          __----__              Jaguar   | Gregory Nagy         |    "Eat     |
      ___/       ==__===__ {]]  24hrs of | Penn State University|     my      |
    //--\----------  61 |       Datyona  | Mckeesport Campus    |   Shorts!"  |
 <-- \__/------------__--|   '90 Champs! | GGN100@psuvm.bitnet  |-Bart Simpson|