Re: alignment tool and books

To: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!lectroid!british-cars-local@EDDIE.MIT.EDU,
Subject: Re: alignment tool and books
From: linus!att!speedy!gerry@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 90 09:45:26 -0500
Upcoming rally - I will be the rally master for a gimmick rally
on the 1st April 1990

                    WING AND BONNET CAR CLUB

                        APRIL 1st, 1990....

   STARTING FROM : Scooters Restaurant/Cafe, Rt 9 S, Lakewood

         (Grebow Shopping Center - opposite MacDonalds)

REGISTRATION AT : 10.30 am            DRIVER'S MEETING AT : 11:30

                   FIRST CAR OFF AT : 12.00pm

                         RALLYMASTERS :
                   Gerry Brinkman 201-308-4508
                     Tom Smith 201-223-0326

A gimmick rally of approximately 100 miles running through  Ocean
County, starting and finishing at Scooter's Bar in Lakewood.

          Entry Fee : $15.00 ($12.00 for club members)

   For information call the Rallymasters at the above numbers

I apologise for posting this to the British car list, but I am trying to
reach a wide audience.

To Richard Welty::::
When is your Outrback rally being held. When I called you up, I think that
you gave me a date of April 14, but looking in the latest copy of the
AutoSport Express, the date is given as 28 April. Are there two rallies
with the same name or is one of the dates wrong ???

Are we still making this event as the meeting of the eastern SOL  ?

Another interesting titbit, The MG Car Club (long Island) is again hosting
the International 1000 this year on 6-10 August. For those who don't know,
this is a TSD rally of approx 1300 miles, which starts in PA (?) goes
through Niagara Falls, to Toronto, Quebec, Niagara Falls and back to PA.
It is a 5 day rally with mileages of 250 per day running mainly through
rural areas on well groomed gravel/forest roads. If any body is interested
they can drop me a line and I can send then a photo-copy of the details
as they are known at the moment. If my Midget survives the autocross
season, a friend and myself are thinking of taking part. It will more
a test of endurance for the driver/navigator than anything else. For
those who have driven Spridgets long distances will know what I am talking
about !!!!

More about trunnions:::: My Scimitar has the same front suspension as the
TR5/6 and in the manual, they advise to lubricate the trunnions with
grease. there is a grease nipple on the inside of the trunnion. I usually
heat the trunnion up with a torch so that the grease is thinned out and
then I use the grease gun to inject more grease.

Gerry.