brakes (and lack thereof, as applied to road rallys)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: brakes (and lack thereof, as applied to road rallys)
From: richard welty <mit-eddie!lewis.crd.ge.com!welty@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 90 19:04 EST
    Date: Mon, 12 Mar 90 15:03:19 -0500
    From: speedy!gerry@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

    I was very surprised that the brakes did manage to fade, especially since
    I have had the car for almost 3 years now, it has never happened to me
    before.

    I was very happy the way the Midget behalved and each rally I do, my
    confidence in the car grows. I'm  ready for the Outback IV !!!

you might want to investigate the brakes before you
take it on the Outback; there is a downhill run in
the morning section which cooked the brakes in our
rental chevy cadavalier *real* *good*.

there's a stop sign at the bottom, but if you manage
to stop for it, then we have given you a nice, flat,
low speed run for the next couple of minutes to get
your brakes back.

sincerely,
  the rallymaster