Re: Driving on the left side

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Driving on the left side
From: mit-eddie!gatech!mailrus!uunet!arizona!caset!steve@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (steve chandler)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 90 18:35:50 PST
As an englishman working in the US, I have had a lot of experience driving
on both sides of the road. One word of advice is to be careful when you
get back home to the US. When driving abroad, most people tend to concentrate
a lot harder than normal (because of different road signs, driving on the
wrong side etc etc), but when they get home they go back into "auto mode", and
this can be dangerous. My previous boss in the UK
did exactly this, after a 3 week visit to the
US, he got in his car at Heathrow airport, and promptly had a head on collision
with a TAXI.

steve chandler