Re: ? TR-6 prices

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: ? TR-6 prices
From: mit-eddie!cs.utah.edu!mjb%hoosier@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 90 17:36:59 -0700
Start at say, $3,250 and see what happens.  In my worthless opinion (IMWO?)
the TR6, especially the very desireable '69 (HI Akkana!) will be worth about
$12,000-15,000 in a few years easily.  Buy it now while there is still a
chance to get a good one for a reasonable price.  A beater rustbucket could
fetch $1500, a very pristine car could get you over $10,000 today.  The best
restorations in England sell for \pounds 15,000, that's nearly $25,000 US
dollars.  But a complete running car with no rust should be worth about $3500,
add a few hundred more for overdrive, add at least 500 more for a factory
steel hardtop.  Don't take my word as gospel.

Watch out for rust along the tops of the rear fenders, above the side portion
of the taillights and the front portion of the rockers.  No matter what the
seller says, it won't be "light surface rust".  Listen for the clunks and such
coming from cracked diff mountings, check the condition of the front bushings,
etc.  God luck, they are *great* cars.

mjb.