Re: TRF and MGB

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TRF and MGB
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 90 8:37:08 CDT

> I've run into a lot of spridget parts in my search for Mini peices, I guess
> some of the brake stuff is the same and I think it's the same BL A 1275
> engine, or so I'm told though it doesn't make sense since the ones I'm
> dealing with are front wheel drive. Anyway, it might be a place to look
> if you're shopping around or looking for used stuff.

The 1275 is interchangable except the crank is different for the
front-drive cars.  1275 Cooper S engines are more powerful in stock
trim than Spridgets.  Seems that BMC deliberately held back the engine
tuning on the Spridget because they would be embarrased that it was
faster than an MGB.  phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324