sander recommendations

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: sander recommendations
From: mit-eddie!potassium.cchem.berkeley.edu!wilson@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Michael A. Wilson)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 90 11:03:05 PST
Hi all,

     As part of my self-imposed purgatory and MGB renovation, I need to
completely redo the paint on the '77 B.  This thing looks like it was
driven in a brake fluid blizzard.  The paint is (mostly has already)
flaking off, and theres some superficial rust.  What is the best
way to clean the surface of rust and old paint--- should I get
a sander, or would a disk for my drill be ok?  Is it ok to clean
and prime the surface, or should I have it painted ( I don't think
that I have the facilities to paint it myself) right away, since
I plan on having it painted sooner or later?  If my work of cleaning
and prepping the surface has to be redone before the final paint,
then its wasted effort...

     Thanks,
Mike Wilson