E-type

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: E-type
From: mit-eddie!beppe12.ericsson.se!gunnar@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Gunnar Forsgren)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 90 09:25:54 +0200
Here in Sweden E-types are reaching discouraging price levels for those
interested in buying one. Roadsters lead the price race, of course
and Series 1 cars in good shape can often be priced much higher than
S2/S3 models. I guess one could get the hands on a working E-cat
for about 160 000 swedish crowns ($25000) if you're lucky.
I'm a member of the Swedish Jaguar Club. There are about 1400 members
throughout the country driving all sorts of models. XK120-150s and
Mk1/2/X:es and E-types are most common among the real activists
while others like myself just loove the XJ model.
I have a '72 XJ6 Series 1 4.2 automatic that currently would
benefit from a person with a bigger wallet than myself.
Does anybody have experiences of cracks in the engine block
between the cylinders, causing water leakage ? Seems to be an
problem with high mileage engines. The solution is probably to
face the cost of restoration..

/Gunnar