Cars For Sale

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Cars For Sale
From: David Boreham <uunet!inmos.com!davidb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 90 12:14:40 GMT
HELP on Triumph vacuum pipes needed.

I have a 1974 Triumph 2000 MKII fitted with 150CDSE carbs.
These have pipe stubs to which are attached hoses from the
rocker cover. These recirculate the crankcase fumes
for emission control. I also have a 1969 Vitesse (GT6 engine)
which is currently fitted with 150CD carbs from a triumph 2000
MKII. Now, the Vitesse has a Smiths emission breather type-thing
connected to the rocker cover. The other end of the breather
valve connects to the inlet manifold.

The 150CDSE carbs on the 2000 are u/s and I would like
to replace them with the 2000-spec 150CD units when I
finish rebuilding the original Vitesse carbs.

Unfortunately the hoses will not match up bacause the one
set of carbs needs a breather valve which connects to
the manifold while the other set needs these two hoses
connected directly to the carbs. The manifold tapping
is connected directly to the brake servo and so the
breather valve can't be fitted without some plumbing.

Now, since 150CD carbs were fitted to Triumph 2000 MKII
at some time in history, it must be possible to plumb
in a breather valve and the working carbs. I've looked
at all the workshop manuals I've got and all the haynes
books (covering TR6, 2000, GT6 and Vitesse which all
share the same engine) and can't find a definitive picture
or diagram showing how the 150CD's, breather valve and
brake servo are interconnected. Are they simply connected
with T-pieces or is there a non-return valve in there ?

I suspect that US-spec TR250, TR6 and GT6 would have used
this arrangement and so someone out there could tell me
what pipes go where.

Sorry about the length of this piece but I'd appreciate
any help.

David Boreham, INMOS Limited | mail(uk): davidb@inmos.co.uk or ukc!inmos!davidb
Bristol,  England            |     (us): uunet!inmos.com!davidb
+44 454 616616 ex 547        | Internet: davidb@inmos.com