Unbelievable!!

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Unbelievable!!
From: mit-eddie!hp6600.desk.hp.com!larry_schwarcz%q0@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 6 Apr 90 10:21 -0800
Well,

I got the new Snap-On catalog this week (my first).

If you look on pages 162/163 you'll find some of their torque
wrenches.  One of them (# TE3005) is a 1-1/2" drive with a
maximum torque setting of _3000_ ft. lb.!!   With 50 ft. lb. increments.

MY GOD!  Where would someone need to torque something to 3000 ft. lbs.?
The wrench is 140" long!  Almost 12 feet long!!

Maybe I better get one to make sure that my *space launch pad* is
secure.

Does the Diablo Canyon reactor have one?  I think that every one needs
one of these.  Never will those pesky lugs come loose again.

And, you too can own this indespensible tool for only $3435!!  A bargin
at twice the price.

One down side though, the nice red plastic cases that come with the
Snap-On torque wrenches isn't available for this one.

                   Later...
                      Larry Schwarcz
                      HP Cupertino, CA
                      lrs@hpda.hp.com