AAAGHH! Another one got away!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: AAAGHH! Another one got away!
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!elan!jlo@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jeff Lo)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 90 18:02:35 PDT
Well, it wasn't a $1300 Austin-Healy, but it was a $800 1963 TR-4
(with a 1971 TR-6 engine?).  Figured it was kinda strange, but I was
still looking for my first British car.  It was the first day the ad
had run.  I was told the seller wouldn't be home until 3 and to show
up anytime after 3.  A friend was picking me up from work, but she was
stuck in traffic for a while.  We got there at 4, and it was already
gone.  Oh well, another one gets away...

                                        Jeff