Bits for today

To: sol%hoosier@cs
Subject: Bits for today
From: mit-eddie!cs.utah.edu!mjb%hoosier@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 22:16:09 -0600
ANY LBC is worth $150, assuming it is mostly complete.  And assuming you want
to sit on the parts long enough to sell that one for $200...  I remember the
TR-250 I bought for $75, had to work on it right away since a guy was on the
way over to buy the diff for $200.  I wish I hadn't had the scrap guy haul
that frame away, though.  So it goes.

By the way, the part between the windscreen and the bonnet is the scuttle.

And for those of you who may be folk music fans, have you heard the David
Wilcox tune "Just a Vehicle"?  It's from the "How Did You Find Me Here" CD.

And one further item of possible interest, I got the brewers to help me move
the '70 Spitfire into the garage monday.  I've started to work on it, and
already I've run into trouble.  Here I was, thinking that I could just "slam
it and ship it", making a few bucks to support the work on one of the other
cars.  But as I start to get into it, there's so much that I just can't leave
alone, and I think of what a nice little car it could be, and how I have
always liked the Spitfire style, and, and, and, well, you know the feeling.
I better get it finished and sold soon!  I'm sure this list will be the first
to know iwhen, and of course, IF, the car is done.  Let's see now, same shade
of blue as the big TR?  White, like the 4?  BRG, with a Jasmine stripe down
the middle, or should I swap the two colors?  Maybe a nice dark ruby red, a
fresh tan interior...

mjb.