Spridget deals

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Spridget deals
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 90 9:50:59 CDT

> A couple of friends and myself travelled up to the Moss Motors
> show here in NJ over the weekend - and I went home feeling somewhat
> impressed by it all. i have been going to this show for 3 years now
> and I have noticed that the number of entries each year is going up.
> This year at 11:00 am they had to start turning cars away because there
> was no more room in the parking lot.
>
> I have also noticed that the standard of the cars present is going up
> each year and I am wondering if this is because the price of these cars
> is going up each year as well, so owners are willing to look after them
> a bit more.
>
> As usual there were about 25-30 MG's over every description, TR's of
> every vintage, 5 Jaguars, and 8 "other" British cars, including a
> Morris 1000 convertible in excellent condition (it had just been
> restored)
>
> Moss also had a MGB bodyshell on display - and I felt some what nostalgic
> seeing a brand new B bodyshell. It was a strange feeling seeing and touching
> the shell !. i saw about 10 crates with bofyshells in them, so there is
> obviously a demand for them.
>
> I noticed as well that there were many cars for sale - the bargain of the
> day was a 1973 Midget for $425. Mechanically it was in very good condition
> but the body had a couple of minor problem although there was no serious
> corrosion. I was so tempted !!!!!!

Oh, sure!  When is something like this going to pop up where I can
reach it!  If that happened here in the Twin Cities, I would probably
hurt myself reaching for my checkbook.  I have folks offering me
Spridgets for $1500 with holes you can walk through.

phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324