Long rides in small cars

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Long rides in small cars
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 09:17:41 EDT
I meant to comment on the "should I plan a long ride" thread for
awhile, but we've been moving and...

As most will remember, I once had a MG Spriget as my ONLY car -
Summer and Winter.  Probably the happiest memory of the entire
5 year period was the time my girl friend and I decided to take
a driving vacation in it.  We put the top down and headed North.

The weather gods were generous.  We reached Halifax, N.S. with
the top still down and lots of miles under our belts.  We liked
Halifax so much that we overstayed our time and ended up trying
to get back to Boston... non-stop!  This proved a little too
ambitious.  We sheared two out of three bolts holding the right
front wheel in place and had to abort in Hamstead, N.H.  And --
wouldn't you know -- there was a dealer there who repaired the
car!

I'd say grab your tool box, AAA card and go for it!

        - Dale