various stuff

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: various stuff
From: muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 17:02:16 EDT
Jeff Lo writes:
>What exactly is the ``rubber-hose-in-the-ear technique''?  I just got a
>TR-6 and this looks like a bit of magic I may be needing...

Listening for pitch through a hose is one way to synchronize the carbs.

Sharon and I were walking the other day and spotted a dead-looking narrow-mouth
TR-3 in someone's back yard.  It looked sad and neglected but in good enough
shape to be worth saving.  I wonder if...no, no!  I can't.  I don't have the
space or time or money for the cars I have already.

Speaking of cars I have already, coming back from a short run (on foot) the
other day, I stopped in at a local restoration shop that is near us.  The lot
was littered with junky looking stuff, but the shop had some real beauties.  I
went in to ask about some stuff that I won't have the tools or expertise to do
on my 6, like put in new floors etc.  I looked around the yard and found a red
Alfa the likes of which I have never seen.  Perhaps richard welty has something
to say about it.  Longish and a four-seater (I think, but I am embarrased to
say that I don't remember noticing).  The front had elongated, chrome-edged
headlight holes that looked like rather stylized squinty-eyes, and the back was
bulbous-shaped like an AMC Javelin maybe but rounder.  Each front wing (oops,
fender, this was Eyetalian, after all) had a Zagato badge and the back panel
said "2600".  Most curious.

Jim, Keeper of the Flickering (Lucas) Flame