Re: various stuff

To: british-cars%alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Re: various stuff
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!chrisp%mrloog.wr.tek.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 17 Apr 90 17:04:10 PDT (Tue)
>on my 6, like put in new floors etc.  I looked around the yard and found a red
>Alfa the likes of which I have never seen.  Perhaps richard welty has something
>to say about it.  Longish and a four-seater (I think, but I am embarrased to
>say that I don't remember noticing).  The front had elongated, chrome-edged
>headlight holes that looked like rather stylized squinty-eyes, and the back was
>bulbous-shaped like an AMC Javelin maybe but rounder.  Each front wing (oops,
>fender, this was Eyetalian, after all) had a Zagato badge and the back panel
>said "2600".  Most curious.

As Mr Welty will be pointing out, the 2600 has a luscious twin cam 6 engine.
The Zagato badge will probably make it valuable to someone who knows of
such things (but perhaps not).  Was it for sale?  The car was probably
built in the early to mid-'60s...

 Christopher M. Perez           chrisp@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM
 "The Sprite could be pitched and drifted through corners with abandon,
  and, as with early Volkswagens, you could race it around town without
  anyone knowing."  _Bugeye_ Peter Egan (R&T 6/'85)