Re: toys

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: toys
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 90 7:59:44 CDT

> >    While wandering through the toy department of a local store, I ran
> >  across an unusual set of cars.  It was a box labeled "Exotic European"
> >  cars, made by Majorette (a French toy company).  In the set, there
> >  was a Lamborghini, a Mercedes, a Porsche, a Ferrari, and a _Morgan_.
> >
> Ask Ms Thatcher which if these is not "European" and the answer is
> obvious - the Mog.
>
> For me its probably the Merc - unless its and old one.  The new stuff
> all looks like it was done by the same people that do Braun toaster
> ovens. Fast maybe, but fun? (or sour grapes?).
>
> Mike Tobin

Excuse me, but Braun (can you say "brown", I thought you could) is
European.  The Merc is European.  Many Brits are upset when we yanks
consider things British "European". They equate European with
"Continental".  You aparently equate "European" with "Sporty" or
some such concept.
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324