Re: Toys

To: sol%HOOSIER@cs
Subject: Re: Toys
From: Lawrence Buja <mit-eddie!CC.UTAH.EDU!ccm0b%PURCCVM.BITNET@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 1990 15:38 EST

Benjamin M. Levy writes...

>   While wandering through the toy department of a local store, I ran
> across an unusual set of cars.  It was a box labeled "Exotic European"
> cars, made by Majorette (a French toy company).  In the set, there
> was a Lamborghini, a Mercedes, a Porsche, a Ferrari, and a _Morgan_.
>
>   Which of these cars doesn't belong?

       I dunno, the Mercedes??  Priced a Morgan Plus 8 lately?  What is
    it, 30K?  It's hand built and the waiting list is currently a year
    or more.  Even then it has to be modified by the importer to bring
    it up to DOT standards.

       The March Esquire has a sensitive-male article on the Morgan
    Car company where they use just the exotic cars you list above to
    make some favorable comparisons with the Morgan's performance and
    panache.  Though the text gets a little too touchy-feeley, the
    article gets redeemed by a number of nice artsy photographs of the
    car and the workers who hand build them.

       It's fast, expensive and hard to get in and out of; it rides
    hard, looks great and only has two seats.  What other criteria
    does it need to satisfy??

                                      Lawrence Buja
                                      ccm0b@vm.cc.purdue.edu