MPG Survey

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: MPG Survey
From: mit-eddie!mlb.semi.harris.com!jshoe@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jeff M. Shoemaker)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 90 16:10:24 EDT
        I'm curious; for those of you TR6 owner/drivers:

  What kind of mileage do you get with your semi-stock late model TR6's ??

I would like determine how well my car is (or is not) running .

ps : please note YOUR OWN exceptions to stock - ie Webers (of course);

electronic ignition; etc.

        My mileage varies between 14-20 MPG, but I have a full lift S2

cam ; air pump and plumbing capped off.  Everything else is "stock".

(Even Michelin redlines).  I suspect I need carbs rebuilt.  Does anyone

have a recommendation whether to do it myself - or is it worth having

it done by one of the people advertised in the back of BRITISH CAR mag ??

Anyone have experiences with same ?? Thanks !!!!!!!

                        jeff shoemaker
                        jshoe@mlb.semi.harris.com