TR-250 coming together

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: TR-250 coming together
From: leger@Alliant.COM (Bob Leger)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 16:37:28 EDT
I took a 'floating holiday' on Monday and over my self-made long weekend
I made some real progress on getting my TR-250 back together.  The work
being done included: gearbox rebuild, refinish wood dash, replace all crash
pads.  While I had the whole dash apart, I disassembled the heater unit to
lubricate the blower motor.  Saturday, I finished assembly of the gearbox
and rebuilt the clutch hydraulics.  Sunday morning, I installed the
gearbox in the car and installed and bled the clutch hydraulics.  I spent
Sunday afternoon and evening and most of the day Monday veneering the dash.
The careful trimming necessary was quite tedious, but worth the effort.
I will now have a beautiful piece of rosewood to gaze upon as I drive.
The dash will need several coats more of tung oil.  Two have been applied
so far.  Monday night I installed the renovated heater unit and ventilation
ductwork, the new upper crash pad, and the metal facia along with the new
lower left, right and center pads.  I still have to install the gearbox cover,
steering column, windscreen frame, seats, carpets, wood dash and instruments.
I am hoping to be able to take the car to the NE SOL meeting on Saturday.
If the wind remains at my back, I just might make it.

Bob Leger