SU's vs Webers

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: SU's vs Webers
From: mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrcrace@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (so I can get e-mail for cars)
Date: Wed Apr 25 00:39:08 1990
I had a Weber 40 DCOE on my 1275 Sprite for a while, it was horrible.
Non-linear power curve, < 15 mpg, and NO power below 4000 RPM.
I replaced it with a pair of HS4's (up from the stock HS2's).
Just as much top end power, Lots more Bottom end, mpg > 25 again.
Life is just skittles and beer.  I can't wait till I have chance to
put them on a white diamond wheel and polish them out.

  While we're on the subject of induction, does anyone know aanything about
rebuilding Judson Superchargers?  I heard about a guy in Oakland that did
it, but I don't know how to get in touch with him.

  LRC