Re: MPG

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: MPG
From: mit-eddie!uunet.uu.net!ingr!b11!wizard!ed@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 90 22:06:10 -0400
With all this talk about mixing gasses to get higher octane has anyone given
thought to using one of the various brands of octane booster available?
Those that boost your lead level that is.  I am pretty sure they are available
anywere, even Kmart has it.  The one that comes to mind is called _Real Lead_
I think.

Would this work the same?  Or are there some things in these products that
prohibit the use of this stuff in unleaded fuel?

Of course you would still wind up paying for a full tank of premium unleaded,
or I guess you could still do a 1:1 mix of leaded and unleaded and then
add the _Real Lead_.  Would this mix hurt fuel injectors?

Gee, I can see it now, pull up to the gass pump and add one can fuel injector
cleaner, one can lead additive and then fill up with your favorite mix of
gasses.  The gass station atendant wouldn't know what to think :-)

Ed Hand

"Fire up the willing engine, responding with a ROAR"
                                        Rush