Re: Aran's Adventures in DMVland

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Aran's Adventures in DMVland
From: mark thompson <mit-eddie!hpiaclh.hp.com!markt@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 90 10:56:24 PDT
Just a tip, along the California Smog Check lines.  I had my '70 Spitfire
smog checked last Wednesday.  The guy at 'Automaster' in Berkeley did the
check and it passed, but the DMV didn't want to take the certificate.  They
said that the VID number didn't match the pink slip.  For some reason the
pink slip had four extra letters in front of what the car had.  I went back
to Automaster and he said he usually doesn't have this problem with the
newer brit' cars so He did think to ask me for my paper work.  He sent me
back to the DMV for a verification in which I had to wait for someone to
verify my car VID with the license plate.  Quite a hassle that could have
been avoided, if I only knew.

Mark