Bringing 'Em Up Right

To: alliant!alliant.alliant.com!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Bringing 'Em Up Right
From: sgi!abingdon.wpd.sgi.com!sfisher@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 90 15:14:41 PDT
Well, I'm raising *MY* daughter right.

Kim (my wife) was talking with Torrey and her
friend Alex, who's also 2 1/2.  Alex's daddy is
in England for a while on business, so Kim was
playing a name game with Alex: "Is your daddy
in France?" "No!" he chimed in.  "Is your daddy
in Spain?" "No!"  "Is your daddy in Japan?" "No"

After two or three of these, she tried the right
guess: "Is your daddy in England?" "Yes!" Alex
shouted.  Torrey looked up from her toys and said,
"Car -- race car!"

Now, Kim interpreted this as meaning that race cars
come from England, and I interpreted this as meaning
*her* daddy's out racing cars.  Either way, we've
got a potential second-generation member of this list
coming up.  As soon as I teach her to type...

--Scott "A is for Austin, B is for Bentley..." Fisher