TR6 clutch help

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: TR6 clutch help
From: mit-eddie!mlb.semi.harris.com!jshoe@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jeff M. Shoemaker)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 90 11:21:58 EDT
Your thoughts , PLEASE.
        Please help me trouble-shoot my clutch problem before
it rips out my TR6's rear-end !!!!

        I recently replaced the clutch.  In addition to replacing
the clutch, pressure plate and throw-out; I also relaced the
sleeve that is pressed into the throwout bearing, the fork, the
operating shaft, and bushings.
        Initially, the clutch worked fine (smooth) and there is a
faint whirring whine. After several days this changed....
I now have a 'digital' clutch. Engauged or dis-engauged
(no smooth transition.)   It seems to catch as I engauge the clutch
(let up on the pedal). This results in the abrupt release when
the clutch enages.   This feels like the pedal is sticking but
this only ocurrs while the engine is running !!!?????
It is smooth while the engine is stopped !!!! ??
   I know this sounds lame but ...
        HELP !!!!   PLEASE !!!

jeff shoemaker  jshoe@mlb.semi.harris.com