Re: More on MPG of LBCs (Little British Convertibles)

To: british-cars@encore.com, streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: More on MPG of LBCs (Little British Convertibles)
From: miq%chromavac.csd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 90 05:47:57 PST
Well, lessee, In Car Zero (my DP Mk II sprite, with a 1275 and all to go-fast
stuff imaginable (about $30,000 if I had to go through winner's circle today
and buy everything.  YIKES!)) It gets about 15 mpg.  This is a 12.5:1 compres-
sion, 135 hp engine, and not recomended for realiztic numbers.  In Quadster,
(AH 3000 BN7, 4 seater) which is currently being de-non-painted-parts and sanded
to be painted, the previous owner was getting about 22 mpg.  I haven't driven
it enough yet to verify or deny this.  In the street sprite, I can get 33
mpg, this is with a 1275, webers, header, mild cam, flat top pistons, and
not racing like a maniac.  Of course only having a 5 1/2 gallon tank, you
really want excellent mileage.   I suspect in a well tuned 948 you could
get around 35-40 mpg, but that don't have much get up and go.

"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
        "Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"
                                An ignorant good samaritan and me in my Bugeye
Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041