Re: Potporri

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Potporri
From: gerry@speedy.att.com
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 90 09:50 EST
WOW !!! great to have the mailing list back on the air, seeing
the posting coming through was a welcome sight.
THANK DALE::::

As far as mpg goes:

1975 Midget (1500) uswent from 24 mpg to 29 mpg after fittinga Weber 28/36 carb,
since then howver I have modified the engine and the mpg has dropped to 24 mpg,
the power however is greater. The main factor for the drop in mpg was the
camshaft that I installed.

1973 Scimitar (3.0l) 22 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.

Brakes::::

When I rebuilt my brakes, I rebuilt all the cylinders using rebuild
kits, fitted Aeroquip steel-braided hoses and copper brake lines. That
was 3 years ago, since then I have not lost 1 drop of brake fluid
I would highly recommend copper for the brake lines, it won't corrode
and is more pliable so that making intricate bends is much easier than
using the steel lines.

I know that several manufactures sell kits for almost any British car, with
the correct length of piping and the flared joints and unions already
installed.

If you are looking for longevity, this is the way to go.

Gerry