Re: Austin Healey 100-6

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Austin Healey 100-6
From: garnett@theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 1990 09:39:40 EST
On Dec 12, 10:22am, Garry Archer wrote:
} I just got through $400 worth of work on my Toyota Tercel.  My Camry's due
} for its annual major service, so I'm a little shell-shocked on cost of car
} maintenance right now!

You can always find another reason not to buy... I think Garry's problem is
that he wants a completed car for the price of a project...
(There's still a Real nice '69 Sprite in town for ~3.5K...)

} Anyway, Roger Garnett was also encouraging me to go look at the 100-6 ASAP!
} Roger seems the type (and
} have all the tools and know-how) that this car would be perfect for.

Biggest problem is limited time. I guess money is a large factor too,
but I don't let that stop me. At least I'm starting to make a dent
in the pile I've already got. (Or was that finally taking the dents
out of the pile I've got) In the last 6 years, while we've been ignoring
cars to work on the house, the disire for different cars has grown,
but the old ones were still sitting there waiting. This has been productive
year, tho. The new '74 GT brought online, and whipped into shape. (We even
got new door trim panels for it- and I've driven cars for years with none!)
The Sprite has an engine, and is alive. Sadly, my old friend Marrietta,
('65B) has been retired. The '71 GT ought to be ready to sell by spring.
The PA will continue to covet moderate attention, with a major effort
in the more distant future. Mayby next winter, the '67 GT (stripped to the
shell) can get some serious solicitude.
        This fall, a '68 Lotus Elan dhc tried taking a bite at me, but
was seriously out of my budget. Sigh. You mean I can't have them all?
I have learned one thing, and that is that when there's a deal or car
to be had, it's time to snag it, if you can. Cuz later, it won't be
there, or if it is it may cost a lot more. What do you think they made
barns for? Yea, so what if my barn is full? I've got friends with
bigger barns!
       Roger Garnett           (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
         The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars
       "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
        sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."