Austin Mini queries

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Austin Mini queries
From: skillman@tz.wimsey.bc.ca (Steve Hillman)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 90 18:57:31 PST
In the process of rebuilding my '79 Mini from the subframes up, I
decided to put a decent dashboard in it. It's an oak dashboard that goes
all the way accross and is about 10" high.It is aprox. flush with the
front of the doors, making it considerably farther away from the firewall
than the stock dashboard - in addition, I moved the instruments to
the left side of the dash (where they SHOULD be). This means that the
old speedo cable won't reach anymore, and I have been unable to find
any cars that use compatible cables that are longer (aprox 30-36" long)

Anyone have any ideas?

Steve.                              Vancouver, B.C.