Re: your mail

To: gerry@speedy.att.com
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 90 11:49:50 PST
Gery said:|
| Brakes::::
|
| When I rebuilt my brakes, I rebuilt all the cylinders using rebuild
| kits, fitted Aeroquip steel-braided hoses and copper brake lines. That
| was 3 years ago, since then I have not lost 1 drop of brake fluid
| I would highly recommend copper for the brake lines, it won't corrode
| and is more pliable so that making intricate bends is much easier than
| using the steel lines.
|
| I know that several manufactures sell kits for almost any British car, with
| the correct length of piping and the flared joints and unions already
| installed.
|
| If you are looking for longevity, this is the way to go.
|
| Gerry

I use steel braided hoses too, They help reduce spongyness. I wonder
about copper lines however. Are they some special copper tube intended
for brake use? If so please tell us where to get it. If not I wuouldn't
use it. I just did some quick, worst case calculations. The forces in
your brake lines can reach several thousand psi, in worst case. In normal
use we are at least talking several hundred psi.

regards/dickn