Re: copper brake lines

To: british-cars@encore.com, doddp@ecn.purdue.edu
Subject: Re: copper brake lines
From: ejd@iris.brown.edu
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 90 14:42:35 EST
The rules that I've picked up are:
 - steel tubing for anything critical; it's not that hard to work with a few
simple tools
 - Brakelines Are Always Flared; they're the absolute last lines you'd want to
have fail
        (again, the tools are simple and the procedure's pretty easy)
 - always engineer strain reliefs into any line that may vibrate or move

I'll be doing a lot of this in the next month or two, as the 'cuda is getting a
new
brake system and hardlines through the engine compartment - we'll see just how
easy it
is to use this wisdom that's so easily dispensed ... and maybe I'll just quit
my job and
become a roving Double-Flare technician.

ed