Re: Incorrect timing data

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: Incorrect timing data
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 90 14:47:37 +1100
The figures I am using is for dynamic timing, with the vacuum advance pipe
disconnected and the engine ticking over at 1000 rpm (advance set to 13 degrees
BTDC).  My Moke seems to run OK on these figures.

Its amazing what some people can do to their cars.  When I bought the Moke, I
found that all of the emission control pipes were wrong.  An extra length of
pipe had been added and the other pipes ran to the wrong connections, with the
result that there were two pipes that had been simply poked down next to the
radiator, spitting out some rather unpleasant oily substance onto the road.
Changing the pipes back to the correct positions resulted in knocking the
mixture way out (many turns on the adjustment nut, when I eventually found the
correct mixture setting).

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |