Re: Triumph Update

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Triumph Update
From: Kirk Buecher <kirkb@hpgrla.gr.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 91 11:26:11 mst
-r bcarnote
Congratulations to Kevin and the Sports Works of Greeley,

He is the proud owner of a 1948 1800 Triumph Roadster, he is also looking
for part sources. I can't wait to see it on the road this summer.

But the real reason I'm jumping in here is to plug a couple of things. The
first is the magazine "Thoroughbred & Classic cars" who in their December
issue had a Price guide for our British cars, in pounds of course. This is
a great magazine that gave me many hours of enjoyment over the holidays.
Here's a couple  of examples from the price guide.

                Condition A            B             C
                      ------------------------------------
Kevin's Roadster       15,000       10,000         6,000     (note these are
'63 to '74 MGB         11,000        7,500         3,250      pounds, not
'68 to '76 TR6         12,500        8,500         5,500       US $$$$)

Condition "C" cars are drivers needing restoration. I guess it's easy to
see why many of our favorite cars have headed back to England.

The second item I've had a lot of fun with in the last few days is a 3/8
inch drive Skill rechargable power ratchet. I would highly recommend it to
anyone who works on cars without the benefit of air tools. So far I've used
it to change sparkplugs and rotate some tires and estimate a 10 to 20% time
savings due to this neat new tool. Thanks to the w2w list for the tip. I
found mine at a after xmas sale for only $35.

p.s. to KevinS, I don't need a parts car now, but would like to talk to you
about that Spit rearend you have.

Keep those garages warm,
Kirk Buecher