Formal introduction

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Formal introduction
From: Daniel J. Dasaro <djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 91 15:43:21 -0800
Greetings,

I already know a few of you but I'd like to make my formal introduction to
the list.  My name is Dan Dasaro and I work at NASA Ames in Mountain View,
CA.  I have a '73 MGB which I am restoring.  It has a hard and soft top and
a tonneau cover that is in need of some seam work.  The car is not in too
bad shape, its most serious drawback is that it hasn't been driven in at
least 3 years.  Consequently, I'm replacing all rubber parts (hoses, belts,
etc) and the fluids as a start.  I'll also be purchasing a new hood since the
one I have is quite dinged-up.  So far I've managed to rebuild the carbs and
pull off the water pump.  I'm holding off on re-installation of the cooling
parts since the steering is accessible from the top as well as the bottom
with the radiator off.

I currently have one question, how does one replace the hood release cable?
There's a knob on the inside of the car and a 4" metal sleeve (not the cable
housing) on the engine side.  My guess is that this sleeve somehow comes off
but it's difficult to see it.  My cable is a little rusted so I want to
replace it.

I plan to start on the steering boots next (they're full of holes and need
replacement) so I expect you'll be hearing from me when I get started.

Til then, happy motoring!

-Danny (djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov)

(By the way, those of you I've emailed to in the past may notice the different
address, I usually use "eos" but due to the volume of this list, I'm using my
account on "aurora" for Brit-car stuff.)