Re: RE>Re- Mouse, the Jag that

To: Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com (Jerry Kaidor)
Subject: Re: RE>Re- Mouse, the Jag that
From: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 91 12:43:58 PST

|      Here's a quick and simple test for electrolysis/corrosion... Take a
| voltmeter,  ground one probe, and stick the other into your coolant at the
| radiator fill hole.  A system in bad condition will show some voltage on the
| meter.... No, I don't know offhand what numbers to expect.
|
|        - Jerry Kaidor

Jerry
the actual voltage potential should probably be between  a volt and
one point five volts (based on the periodic tables), but the current flow
 may very low. How high it will read on a voltmeter depends on the resistance
of the particular voltmeter used to measure it. Also the plating on the
probe you dip in the radiator acts as one plate of a battery so the theotetical
voltage will vary a bit depending in the electrical activity of whatever the
probe is plated with. (nickle, brass, chrome, gold,etc).

Still it seems like a good way to check.
regards/dickn