Re: Cold starting a Spitfire, how long does it take?

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Cold starting a Spitfire, how long does it take?
From: Greg Tobin NEA SPS DEC <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 16:40:52 EST
   Well, my 79 Spitfire takes a *while* to start after a cold nights
 sleep.  Then again, it has no choke- so the right foot gets its
 exercise by pumping furiously for 20 seconds to make up for the
 fact that the throats are wide open.   Once the weather warms
 up it fires up with nary a pump.  It has a Weber carb though...
 oh- the cold weather starts get pretty cold too- just around 0 degrees.

  No idea if it is normal or not- but most of my cars have had this
 sort of a problem... (^;

 Greg-