Re: Re: MBG Engine Rebuild (3)

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Re: MBG Engine Rebuild (3)
From: akkana@moonwind.aux.apple.com (Akkana)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 1991 13:40:07 PST
Roland Dudley writes:
> Another suggestion I've heard is to install pistons "dry" to facilitate
> rapid ring seating.  I'm not sure I could bring myself to do this, at least
> not in an engine paid for out of my own pocket.

Not recommended.  Well, I don't have any experience with engines, but
I lost a transmission once because the mechanic forgot to prelube the
parts.  On the bright side, I had a chance to test my new 5-point
harness when the transmission locked and the car spun on I-15 on
my way to Riverside!

--
        ...Akkana               (akkana@apple.com)