re: value of a TR7

To: bcr!APPLE.COM!twakeman@encore.com
Subject: re: value of a TR7
From: taichi!whs70@bellcore.bellcore.com (W. H. Sohl)
Date: 17 Jan 1991 14:53 EST
TeriAnn asked about the current value of the TR-7
convertible sitting on a lot for over 2 years AND
needing a transmission, etc.

I think you'd be nuts to offer anything over the
amount of the lein ($525).  Even a good running
TR-7 convertible doesn't get much, if anything, over $3000.
With the likely parts and service needs of this sitting
car, it really qualifies as little more than a parts
car with potential.  I think the statement that the car lot
is going to get it fixed is a bluff.  Once they investigate the
costs of having the work that's required done and compare that
with the possible endi value of the car I think ythey'll
be happy to get whatever they can for it.

Bill Sohl                      ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com