TR8 for sale in the Bay Area

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: TR8 for sale in the Bay Area
From: zursch%whizkid.wpd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Kid Redshift)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 91 14:06:21 PST
I pulled this ad off the net. I know nothing more....

FYI:

For Sale:

1980 Triumph TR8 Convertible Roadster, Very Rare, Very Fast

- 3500cc Aluminum V8 Powerplant (same as in the Rover)
- Bosch Electronic Fuel Injection
- 5 Speed Manual Gearbox
- Excellent Condition
- Clean body, no dents
- Metallic "Persian Blue" IMRON show quality paint (Radical!!!)
- New Convertible Top w/zipper rear window
- Removable Kenwood FM/AM/Cassette
- Pirelli P77's
- Power Assisted Rack and Pinion Steering
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- KYB Rear Shocks
- Mallory Unilite Ignition System
- Stock Alloy Wheels painted in Metallic Silver IMRON paint
- Bumpers painted in Black IMRON paint
- Smogged

Approximately 3,000 of these cars were made before Triumph closed its doors.
Most made it to the United States and not that many exist any more.
This car is not to be confused with the TR7 which looks similar but has a
four cylinder powerplant.

It is a fun car to drive and own.  The paint job is shiny enough to see your
own reflection in.  The engine is smooth and powerful.  I have all pertinent
records and manuals for the vehicle.  I'm the second owner and I've had it
since 1984.

I'm asking $12,000 or Best Offer on this "not too many of a kind" jewel.
The car was written up a few years ago in Car and Driver as one of the
10 most collectible cars.  Needless to say, the value of this car can only
go up as the years go.  This is an investment worth considering.

I've enjoyed this car from the start but it's time to move on to other
things.  Serious inquiries only please.

Walter Nirenberg
wniren@pyrtech.pyramid.com
w=(415)335-8730, h=(408)249-2989

"If a car is 'unsafe at any speed' I'll take 120"
                                         - Kid Redshift