Re: RE> EZ-BLEED

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: RE> EZ-BLEED
From: andyh@hcxio.hdw.csd.harris.com (Andy Haber)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 91 15:14:55 EST

>     Sounds like an EZ-BLEED!  This is a plastic bottle that is used for
> pressure-bleeding brakes.   Two hoses go to the bottle.  One goes to a source
> of compressed air, like your spare tire ( 20psi max ), the other goes to the
> bottom of the bottle.   The compressed air forces the fluid in the bottle out
> through the second hose. Does a great job on brakes, should work fine for this
> too.  Only trouble is, then my Ez-bleed would be all full of oil :-(.
>
>          - Jerry Kaidor

I've seen the EZ-BLEED gadget in catalogs for quite a while, and always
wondered just how good of a job does this thing does on brakes.  In the
catalogs, the thing looked like just a plastic jug that would take the
place of the soda bottle I have always used.  From this description above
I can now see that there is more to it than that.  Sounds like it should
work fairly well.

I had to replace the front brake hoses and rear wheel cylinders on my
69 MGB, and I've never felt that I really got all the air out of the
system even after repeated tries.  Then again, maybe it's the master
cylinder starting to go bad on me.

Is this EZ-BLEED really EZ to use?  Given 20 psi behind the fluid, how
to you avoid having fluid all over EVERYTHING when your done?

--
Andy Haber    (andyh@hdw.csd.harris.com)
Harris Computer Systems Division, Ft Lauderdale, FL