To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE>Re- RE> EZ-BLEED
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 22 Jan 91 12:53:15
        Reply to:   RE>Re: RE> EZ-BLEED

--------------------------------------
Date: 1/22/91
To: Jerry Kaidor
From: andyh@hcxio.hdw.csd.harris.com

>     Sounds like an EZ-BLEED!  This is a plastic bottle that is used for
> pressure-bleeding brakes.   Two hoses go to the bottle.  One goes to a source
> of compressed air, like your spare tire ( 20psi max ), the other goes to the
> bottom of the bottle.   The compressed air forces the fluid in the bottle out
> through the second hose. Does a great job on brakes, should work fine for
this
> too.  Only trouble is, then my Ez-bleed would be all full of oil :-(.
>
>          - Jerry Kaidor

I've seen the EZ-BLEED gadget in catalogs for quite a while, and always
wondered just how good of a job does this thing does on brakes.  In the
catalogs, the thing looked like just a plastic jug that would take the
place of the soda bottle I have always used.  From this description above
I can now see that there is more to it than that.  Sounds like it should
work fairly well.

I had to replace the front brake hoses and rear wheel cylinders on my
69 MGB, and I've never felt that I really got all the air out of the
system even after repeated tries.  Then again, maybe it's the master
cylinder starting to go bad on me.

Is this EZ-BLEED really EZ to use?  Given 20 psi behind the fluid, how
to you avoid having fluid all over EVERYTHING when your done?
----------- end quote from Andy Haber ---------------

    The EZ-BLEED is quite easy to use, and completely sanitary.  The brake
fluid is contained in the bottle, and the hose from the bottle bottom comes out
to an adaptor that replaces your master cylinder top.  All gasketed, all
fluid-proof.  Actually, you only need 5-10 PSI to do the bleed, the 20 is more
or less in the nature of an ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATING, as they say in the data
books.   The mess is all down at the bleed nipples....  For doing an occasional
bleed, the EZ-Bleed works just as well as the multi-hundred-dollar units that
have the internal pumps.  But if I had a repair shop, I would pop for a
professional unit, and do away with the hassle of connecting up the spare tire.

          - Jerry Kaidor