Tell me about spitfires...

To: yale!encore.com!british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Tell me about spitfires...
From: Ted Lepich <yale!harvard!metter.fmpmis.metter.com!ted@encore.encore.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 91 16:47:33 EST
Hi,
        I went and looked at a spitfire last night.  It's a '77
that has been sitting basically unused for the last two years.
It doesn't look like that bad of a car, but there is one problem
that is questionable.  The two pieces of the frame that stick
back under the truck are shot.  New metal will have to be welded
in.  My main question is how much trouble am I looking at to get the
body off of the frame to get good access to the rear of the frame?
The welding wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I've never pulled a
body off before.  It appears that it shouldn't be too hard, but I
don't know and would appreciate anyone elses comments.

        The car is going for the best offer.  What are spits going for
now?  It is a 77 with a 80 engine, interior is pretty nice, seats worn,
a crack in the crash pad.  Body not bad, still original paint, no putty,
rust across the tops of the rear wheel wells and rust on the driver side
floor.  It also has a hard top and overdrive.

        Now, I wish I had kept all those spitfire related items.

ted