Re: Engine and gearbox vibration/noise

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Engine and gearbox vibration/noise
From: jonb@oasis.icl.co.uk (Jon Bradshaw)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 11:21:46 BST

        Re: excessive vibration in drive train at high revs.

        Ok, so I have some tests to try out.  Someone suggested that it
        could be dangerous to drive so I'm keeping off the road until its
        fixed :-(
        I reckon if I start at the engine and work my way down, testing as
        I go I should be able to find the problem.
        My guess at the moment is either flywheel or prop is out of balance;
        if this is so then it should be easy to determine which (rev in
        neutral and rev while moving).
        I can't get at it until next week, I'll have a go then and report
        back.  Thanks for the help folks!

        Jon.    jonb@oasis.icl.co.uk