Re: Smiths instruments (and stereo)

To: Kantarjiev@parc.xerox.com,
Subject: Re: Smiths instruments (and stereo)
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1992 08:43:21 -0500
"Chris Kent Kantarjiev" scribed:
> The ammeter from a TR6 or TR4A (depending on whether you want black or
>
> I'm surprised, though, that there's no voltage stabilizer, because the
> fuel level and coolant temperature should need one.

They do a good job of hiding the things sometimes. Did Smiths ever build
them into one of the guages, which then supplies the others?

> I'm also surprised that the oil pressure is electrically sensed!

Common after '67-68. Parts bins cars, ya know?

> might be an internally stabilized series of instruments, which means
> that the TR gauges wont' work. TriumphTune (in Britain) sells new

I should hope that an ammeter or voltmeter would work!

Cars with stock Smith's ammeters or voltmeters weren't real common.
You might check the Jag sources tho.

Roger "Where's my '93 Midget?" Garnett

[lets see- if Honda/Rover *did* make Beats/Midgets, would they become known
as Beadgets, or Meats? ]