TR6 Sacrilege

To: sol <sol@hoosier>
Subject: TR6 Sacrilege
From: Joe Flake <71151.1546@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Apr 92 10:41:26 EDT
You know how the TR6 front side marker lights look?  Kind of a
square with a short bottom?
Well I had seen that side marker light on other TR6s and noted
it as different from mine, but always just thought mine was either
an earlier or later year than the one I was looking at.  Seems mine
has side markers about 6 in x 1 in.  Last night at the local Triumph
club meeting, a guy commented he'd never seen markers like that on
a TR6.  Let it pass at the time, but checked catalogs when I got home.
Sure enough, ALL years seem to use the same light.  So what's on my
car?  I checked this AM.  Simple enough, there on the lens is the
manufacturer.  TOYOTA!  Ptooi!  Why it was done I haven't the
foggiest.  Perhaps someone thought they looked better (maybe, they
fit in pretty well).  Perhaps they broke one and found it easier to
get Toy stuff in the junkyard.  Who knows, but now I'll find the
proper ones to put back on.  Sheesh, if it isn't one thing it's two
more!

Joe Flake, N4BGQ
71151.1546@compuserve.com