Re: MG tech questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG tech questions
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 08:34:28 pdt
> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1992 18:17:16 -0600
> From: HERTZBERG JEAN R <hertzber@spot.Colorado.EDU>
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: MG tech questions
>
> Teriann-

> Wiper blades: It seems like every year I have to buy a new blade and mount
> system, since no local shop carries the right replacement blades. I never
> have any trouble mounting them on the arms, though, and I recently bought
> a new replacement arm from Moss.
>
> -Jean H.

Have to admit I skipped over TeriAnn's posting when I saw that it
related to her MGB so I'm more or less guessing at what her original
question about wipers was, but here goes anyway.

One problem I have with my '70 VW bug is that wiper blades only seem to
last about a season and I have yet to find an auto parts store that
carries just the rubber replacment portion.  So what I do is buy the
next size longer rubber and cut it down.  If the size of your B blades
is odd and you can't find the whole replacement assembly you might want
to try this too.  In a pinch it'll get you by.

Roland