Re: MGB tech questions (GEEK WARNING)

To: What was the question again? <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB tech questions (GEEK WARNING)
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 92 16:05:20 EDT
>     >As a final point, is your fan installed the right way round?
>     huh?
> Uh, yeah, it's confusing to me too...  Now I think I see that it doesn't
> make any difference.  The pitch of the vanes will be the same whether
> they're face-in or face out, wouldn't it?  Give me an F in 3D visualization
> for the day.

GEEK WARNING - hit "n" now...

Oh, you didn't? Here's the geek info:

There was an Encyclopedia Jones episode on this very issue - the "bad boy"
turned the fan around on Jones's science project, hoping to deflect the smoke
from the smoke bomb into Jones's face. However, the result was that the rate
of flow was decreased, which actually made the "experiment" more tractable.
Foiled again! <yuck>

--
---
John R. Lupien